I hope everyone is having a great Tuesday so far. Today I wanted to talk to you about staying fit during the fall season. During this time with the colder weather and Thanksgiving approaching it can be difficult to maintain a work out regime. Now I’ll share with you some tips and an app that I was introduced to♥.
Fall Fitness Tips
- 1.) Accountability Partner- It’s okay to admit that you need an extra push to get out of bed and work out. Find someone who is like-minded who will give you that extra push to workout. During my Camp Gladiator experience, my trainer has really helped me with accountability.
- 2.) Set Goals- When setting goals make sure that they are realistic and are a mix of short-term and long-term goals. If you don’t reach your goals within a time frame, it’s okay just continue to move forward with them, you will get there.
- 3.) Workout Gear- I don’t know about you, but purchasing work out clothes, helps keep me accountable to work out. Now, this isn’t an excuse to go crazy and overspend on your clothing budget. Ross, Marshalls and TJ Maxx have affordable work out clothes, that are comfortable and stylish as well.
- 4.) Take it one day at a time- The decision to work out is a lifestyle choice, that requires patience, dedication and commitment. You will see results, just be patient and trust the process. Never compare your fitness journey to someone else’s, we all have different body types and fitness goals.
- 5.) Eat Healthy- I’ll admit that I have a lot of cheat days and eating healthier isn’t always easy. However, I have discovered that purchasing groceries at places like Trader Joes and Sprouts has helped me to be more intentional in healthy eating. In addition, I substitute food, like ground beef for ground turkey, sugar for pure raw honey and often check the sodium content for food. It does you no good to dedicate time working out only to continue to eat poorly.
- 6.) Workout apps- If you are unable to workout in person, I recommend finding a good workout app that you can do in your apartment or at a nearby park. I want to tell you guys about a workout called Aaptiv. Aaptiv is an audio workout app, that includes virtual trainers ranging from high intensity to fun&supportive. There are numerous programs from Treadmill to 10K Training. Each workout features a wide genre of music from dance/electric to rock. Aaptiv is offering a 30 day free trial using the code: BURPEES. Here is an instructional guide to redeem the code here. Another workout app I recommend is Skimble, I have done easy, moderate and hard workouts. There’s a little bit of everything for everyone.
I did the Aaptiv “legs unwinding” session with Jamie and I liked the instructor’s tone, the calming music that was played and the pace of the workout. However, I am a visual person, so I would have preferred to see a visual of the workout along with audio. That was an adjustment for me, but other than that, I plan to use this app a couple of times a week, in addition to my Camp Gladiator workouts.
What are some tips y’all use to help stay fit during the fall season? Have you tried the Aaptiv app before? Let me know in the comments♥.